An old woman lost her only son. The sad woman went to a clever man and asked, “Is there any way I can throw away my____ 39 ?”
The clever man said to her, “Go and bring _____ 40 a seed (种子) from a home that has never known sadness. I will ______41 it to drive the sadness out of your life.” The woman went off at once to look___42 that magical seed.
First, she came to a beautiful house, knocked at the door, and asked___43 , “Excuse me, I am looking for a home that has never known sadness. Is this such a place? It is very important to me.”
They told her, “You’ve certainly come to the___44 place,” and began to describe all the sad things that had recently happened to them.
The woman said to herself, “Who is able to___45 these people that have had such sadness like me?” She stayed to cheer them up____46 she went on looking for a home that had never known sadness.
But wherever she went, whether in the homes of the poor or the rich, she found one sad____47 after another. She became so busy helping other people that she____48 about looking for a seed that would magically end her own sadness. She even never realized that her helping others had driven the sadness out of her life.
39. A. happiness B. kindness C. sadness D. illness
40. A. me B. you C. her D. him
41. A. push B. use C. lend D. lose
42. A. at B. up C. for D. after
43. A. politely B. happily C. proudly D. angrily
44. A. right B. wrong C. clean D. dirty
45. A. catch B. order C. hide D. help
46. A. before B. after C. when D. while
47. A. man B. woman C. story D. trip
48. A. knew B. worried C. thought D. forgot
以上就是大桥教育带来的“2017年重庆中考英语试卷A卷完形填空”，大桥外语提醒该完形填空的答案为：39-43 CABCA 44-48 BDACD。在做完形填空题时，要先弄清语境，并依据上下文进行合理的分析、判断，才能做出恰当的选择。